Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Skaven Screaming Bell and Hope That I Can Actually Paint

Long time no... nothing. I'm a bum. This happens sometimes.

Good things have happened in the recent past though. Just for funzies over the last forever I've been working on a skaven screaming bell, after my boyfriend bought the thing to only use the burning plague furnace ball thing from it and more or less discarding the rest. So! Off and on working on it resulted in a pretty cool model that I can say I actually completely finished, base and all and am happy with it.


The best part? Entered it into Armies on Parade at Feast of Blades 2013 and ended up with Convention Choice Runner-Up! There were quite a few more entries than last year, and a good chunk of them were really beautiful. Can't say I had too much faith in my entry after seeing the rest, but I came home with one of the two Grex airbrushes they were giving out!

It's like I can do stuff or something.

You can excuse the monstrosity that is the last picture, but the swampy base turned out too well to not show (and to be completely covered up by the bell for that matter) and that is the only picture I have of it now. Tinted epoxy resin? New best friend.

Like this model so much you want to buy it? That's why ebay exists guys. Only a few days left, bid now.

No comments:

Post a Comment